Manager: Larry Reynolds
Address: 3351 Mt. Pleasant Road Providence Forge, Virginia 23140-3616
- Gracefield Hall is situated in a clearing on 23 beautiful, secluded, and wooded acres. Take a short drive up our country land and you step back in time and experience the hospitality, friendliness, and grandeur of Gracefield Hall, a historically accurate representation of a colonial Chesapeake plantation house. It is a house that would have been built by an 18th century “middling” farmer. In the 18th century, plantations were remote and many miles apart; roads were bad and impassable most of the year. Travelers would have been invited to spend the night, refresh, and enjoy a hearty breakfast before continuing their journey. We offer the same friendliness and hospitality. Ask us about the “history” of the house as it would have been built and expanded in the 18th
- Your comfort and relaxation are our primary concerns. Our guest rooms are uniquely furnished with colonial reproductions and amazingly comfortable beds. We offer four distinctively individual guest rooms, including a full suite in the Carriage House. If there is anything we can do to make your stay with us more pleasant and enjoyable, please let us know.
- We have a large covered back porch—overlooking the garden, field, and the woods beyond—where you can enjoy a cup of hot coffee or tea in the morning, watch the sun rise over the trees, and listen to the song birds, or relax in the evening and perhaps spot some deer grazing in the field. You might hear a cardinal calling out his territory, perched high atop one of the trees in the distance, hear a woodpecker drumming on a nearby tree, or hear a tom turkey staking claim to his territory.
- We are conveniently located close to many local attractions, including Richmond and its rich history, Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, the James River Plantations, Yorktown, New Kent and Saude Creek wineries, Brickshire and Royal Kent golf courses, just to name two of the many local courses. Daytrips can be made to Monticello and Ash Lawn, Montpelier, Poplar Forest, Appomattax, and historic Fredericksburg, to name a few. Kings Dominion, Busch Gardens, and Water Country are also nearby. Whatever your interests, you are sure to find it nearby.
- Whether you’ve been out at local wineries all day, playing golf at one of our many local courses, visiting the numerous local attractions, or simply want to relax, our parlor is a great place to do it. It has a wonderful wood-burning fireplace and we have books and magazines waiting for you where you can read and listen to classical music.
- In the area on business and need a “home base”? Check with us about our single-occupancy, extended-stay discounts. When your work day is done, you will find the comfort and quiet of Gracefield Hall to be very relaxing. We can even recommend local restaurants for your noon-time or evening meal.